Friday, March 25, 2011

Sun Jar Night Light

Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted much this week but I promise I have a really good excuse!  I've been working extremely hard behind the scenes of 3 Jewels In My Crown.  I'll explain more next week but for my fellow bloggers, here's a hint~Wordpress and GoDaddy!  

I wanted to share one final project with you before we head into the weekend.  Have you heard of sun jars yet?  I came across this cute idea awhile back and have been waiting for an excuse to make one.  In keeping with this week's challenge, to cut back on our household's energy consumption, I decided I would make a sun jar nightlight.   

 





















































All you'll need is the top section of a solar powered garden stake, a decorative glass jar and some ribbon.  I also added some bright yellow glitter for added charm.  You can glue the top to the jar or leave it unattached.  Can you think of anything better then a environmentally friendly night light!
This would be a great "get better soon" gift or Mother's Day gift!
I think I might make another for our bathroom.  There's nothin' worse then walking into the wall when your trying to go piddle in the middle of the night!  I hope you enjoyed today's craft project!
Have a great weekend everyone! 

Project details
Cost:  $5
Difficulty level:  Easy
Linking up here and here

12 comments:

Amanda said...

The word piddle makes me laugh every time!! This is such a great idea, would make a wonderful addition to my garden for when we have dinner outside, thanks for sharing.

b. lee said...

oh delightful :D sweet project!

Jen B. said...

Oooh love this. At first, I was confused about the top- but then when I read it was a solar light- aha! So neat. Will def. try to make this one. I agree with pp about putting it on an outside table!

Crystal said...

Went piddle at 3am last night and pleasantly surprised that it was still brightly lit! Sorry T.M.I.!

Greenacremama said...

Hello...love this idea!!..Thanks for the follow...following you back from Adventures at Greenacre : )

BrendaC said...

Just hopped over to return the follow, have a fantastic weekend!
WV Stitcher

creativejewishmom/Sara said...

wonderful idea and such a sweet finish with the little illustration. Thanks so much for sharing on Craft schooling Sunday!

Monica said...

Great idea and I love that it's solar powered!! I’m now a GFC follower from the I Love My Online Friends blog hop. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Very pretty and practical!!

Julie said...

What a fun idea!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

That is a terrific project for a little girl's room or for a bathroom. Do you have to put it outside during the daytime?

Unknown said...

Such a great green idea! And it's so cute too. Happy to see your creative idea linked up last week at my K.I.S.S. blog bash. Looking forward to seeing what great project you share this week, remember the link is open until tonight @ midnight {CST}.

Drop by The Tattered Tag