Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bird's Nest Ice Cream Dessert

Yesterday we had the opportunity to see a magic show at our local library!  What a great experience for the kids and I absolutely love that it was free entertainment for the afternoon.  The magician/comedian was so funny I had tears running down my leg (I gave birth to 3 kids, need I say more).
After that, I decided I would give the kids a shot at making supper and dessert!
When my three jewels are in the kitchen, I always try to use the motto, "don't stress, expect a mess".  On the menu last night, homemade pizza and bird's nest ice cream dessert!   

























No big deal if the pizza ends up looking like this...
























....Just add some more cheese and your good to go!

Next came the bird's nest

















































We used waffle bowls for the nest, added our ice cream, then topped it with nuts, pretzels and cadbury easter eggs.


















































































































I wish I had of added some caramel or chocolate syrup! Yummm!  I bought some and forgot it in the fridge! Darn!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love it!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

These are adorable! I look forward to making them with my kids...thanks :)

milliemorganmedia said...

I love your blog! The birds nest ice cream treat is so cute and amazing. Nice work!
I am your newest follower from the Wednesday Blog Hop. I would appreciate if you followed me too @ http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! Following from Wed Blog Hop.
Stop by my blog at
http://familylife-lianne.blogspot.com/
Thanks
Lianne

Hanna said...

I LOve. Love. Love this idea!!! So cute! Thank you so much for sharing and linking up top the handmade hog:) I hope to see you next week too!!

Hanna

Susan said...

YUMMY!

I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you please follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
thank you :)

KerrieLynn, The Mix Gal said...

Hi, I am joining in “Blog Hop Skip and Jump Wednesday” and I am following you now! If you are able, I would love a follow back. Thank you!
~KerrieLynn ღೋ☙❤
KLs Cupboard Blog
KLs Cupboard on Facebook

Scather said...

Oh wow, that is GORGEOUS!
I'm following from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop and would love a follow back ^_^ scathingweekly.blogspot.com Thanks!

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

I love the birds nest!!! so cute!!!

They All Call Me Mom said...

Oh my gosh...my kids would love this!