Monday, December 13, 2010

Treat your party guests to a candy cane shot glass slider

Hosting a Christmas party?  Why not kick it off by serving your guests a candy cane shooter when they walk through the door?  Yep, that's how we roll around here! Christmas parties are much more enjoyable when everyone's had a drink or two.  I'm sure my family would agree so no insult implied.  Let me explain, 10 adults and 17 grandchildren cramped in someone's house for several hours on Christmas day.  We've all developed our own coping strategies!! 

The image above is actually the kid friendly version.  This way the kids don't feel left out!  

Candy Cane Sliders { Kid Friendly Version}
  • 1 tbsp of strawberry ice cream topping on the bottom of a shot glass
  • 1 spoon full of natural vanilla bean infused double churned ice cream
  • top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes or candy cane bark
{Just in case your wondering why I didn't use candy cane ice cream.  It's just not that good!  Trust me!  It's too overpowering and tastes too chemically processed.  A hint of candy cane is lots, in my opinion.
If you must, I suggest mixing your own crushed candy cane into a good quality vanilla ice cream.  If your kids enjoy the store bought candy cane ice cream, then by all means go for it}.


Candy Cane Shooters {Adult Version}

  • 1/2 oz peppermint schnapps
  • 1/2 oz  peppermint liqueur
  • 1/2 oz cream
  • 1 dash grenadine syrup
Pour ingredients into shaker with ice, shake, and serve in a 2-oz shot glass.  You can add a dallop of ice cream and whipped cream as well.  ( Don't put too much grenadine or it will kill the taste. It's only there for color).

{Clink}Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!!!! These look beyond amazing, really. Thank you for sharing! I just book marked your blog so I can be sure to come back! I hope you are having happy holidays!

Come follow me back if you would like to.
-Marci @ http://balancingstilettosandscrubs.com

Mari said...

mmm.those look sooo good. thankx for the recipe lol. new follower btw.

Dacia said...

Those are so cute and the kid version would be so yummy for my kids :)