Monday, October 4, 2010

Craft a halloween luminaire in less than 60 seconds by using CD cases

Here's a simple and quick way to upcycle your old cd cases.
Turn them into halloween luminaires

  • 2 empty cd cases
  • halloween window clings or
  • halloween silhouette ( I printed mine from here )
  • glue gun
  • tea light ( children can use the luminaire as a night light if you use the battery powered tea lights like I did)

Instructions:  Remove cd inserts.  Glue sides together to create a box.  Apply your window clings or silhouette.  Insert a tea light in the middle of the luminaire.

Now that I've finished playing, I'm off to do my chores which includes grocery shopping. Eeeek is right!


Busy Buzzer said...

Thanks for buzzing by my blog for Following Friday! Returning the love! Cool Halloween Craft! ~ Busy Buzzer Buzzing the Day Away

Karen @ Barefoot in Portland said...

Very cute idea!!

Thanks for visiting my blog...I am following back (a little late than never!!)

Karen @

Jill said...

What another great idea! I've got a whole pile of old CD cases that I've been saving for..erm.. something! Now I can finally use them up!!

Thanks for the inspiration and for linking this post too! I love your blog and am now following!

kalea_kane said...

That is adorable!

Dropping by from Meet Me On Monday.

Have a lovely week!

Laura @ House of Thrifty Decor said...

Great project for Halloween. I hope you can stop by my blog and show off your project to my readers on my Show Off Sunday Party.

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

What a great idea, I love it, it's so cleaver! I'd love for you to link up at Texas Monkey for All About You and show this off.

Cristie said...

Very clever!