Thursday, September 9, 2010
It's no secret that women LOVE purses! I'm no exception to this rule. Those who know me well would agree that I have a small obsession with handbags in general. I love small ones, big ones, fancy ones and casual ones.
I'll admit that purchasing a new purse triggers a physical reaction in my body and brain. My heart races as blood is shunted away from my digestive tract. My pupils dilate and my sight sharpens. My perception of pain diminishes and I have an overwhelming feeling of euphoria.
Purses are truly a wonderful thing. In particular big purses! Some may perceive a women who carries a large purse as "high maintenance" but I personally think it signals someone who's down right practical.
In fact, I tend to carry everything except a small dog in my purse. I'm not sure why but I have this uncontrollable urge to be prepared for any situation that arises. In fact some of the odd things I carry in my purse have come in quite handy over time.
So...What are the five things I carry in my purse that you might want to keep in yours?
1. Swiss Army Knife-As I count them, the tools include a (1) small knife blade; (2) a large knife blade; (3) metal saw with (4) metal file, (5) nail cleaner and (6) nail file; (7) wood saw; (8) fish scaler (9) fish hook (10) ruler (metric and English); (11) scissors; (12) pliers with (13) wire cutter and (14) wire crimping tool; (15) magnifying glass; (16) Phillips head screwdriver; (17) bottle opener with (18) large flat-head screwdriver and (19) wire stripper; (20) can opener with (21) small flat-head screwdriver; (22) reamer with (23) sewing eye; (24) hook; (25) fine flat-head screwdriver; (26) wood chisel; (27) corkscrew; (28) mini screwdriver; (29) tweezers; (30) plastic toothpick; (31) ballpoint pen; (32) key ring (lanyard ring) It actually shocks me that someone hasn't marketed a female version of the Swiss Army Knife. It really is the ultimate must have tool to keep in your purse!
2. Address Labels-What for you ask? I happened upon this tip some while back and it's come in handy several times. Don't toss out those return address labels that we all tend to receive during the holiday season. Store a couple in your purse to ensure you never waste time filling out your mailing info ( ie-movie store, registration, draws/giveaways, clothing stores)
3. A 1 Quart Plastic Ziplock Bag-If your not a parent yet than trust me when I say "It'll come in handy"
4. Set of Utensils-No for real, they've come in handy at the most unexpected of places. Really though, which would you rather eat with-Plastic utensils vs Stainless Steel? When your finished just store them in your plastic baggie! Ah ha! See, I told you the baggie would be put to use. Plus, people will respect you for being environmentally friendly.
5. A copy of any one of my blog posts-O.K I won't be so vain as to think that would be possible but maybe a Archie comic book instead. You never know when you're going to need something to read to pass the time.
Have I missed anything? So, what are some other things you keep in your purse? Besides the usual makeup, diapers, pacifier, USB card, pen/paper, stash of $20 bills?
Hurry out and purchase yourself one of these>