Friday, June 25, 2010

Two More Awards For My Blog! I'm seriously blushing


What a great way to start off the weekend!  I just received these two awards from



Nick @  A Daddy's Take



Grace from Green Gracie Home


Three Jewels In My Crown has received several blog awards recently but I must admit I am extremely excited about these two particular awards.  

Receiving recognition for having a cute blog is a wonderful honor, however, in my opinion getting noticed for being a Versatile Blogger is much better.
I am very thrilled to receive this award because it means I've acheived what I set out to do in the so-called "blogosphere".  My personal goal as a blogger is to present meaningful and interesting information that will capture a diverse audience.  I hate the idea of constraints when I write and being confined to one specific subject matter would bother me terribly.  Others bloggers have been very successful at targeting a unique audience and writing on niche subjects.  I on the other hand, like to flow freely in all directions of writing.  Humourous, contemplative, thoughtful, educational, informative and arduous.  This is how I describe my blog posts. 
If you're just visiting for the first time, then please stay awhile and snoop around.   Please judge for yourself whether or not my blog is worthy of these awards.   
     
These blog awards come with some responsibility.  The rules state that I have to tell my readers 7 things about "ME" and  then name 15 other blogs that I feel are deserving of this award. 

So here we go...........
Dim the lights, pull back the curtains, set the stage and turn on the mic!   I'm about to tell you 7 things you may or may not know about me!



  1. In grade 8, I played the role of "Queen of Hearts" in the elemantary school musical{ Alice In Wonderland}.  If my memory serves me correctly, I can still picture the awe struck audience watching me prance around the stage, shouting "Off With Their Heads".  Seriously, I stole the show! Now you know why I call my family the Royal Family. 

  2. I'm a criminal-Yes, it's true!  My brush with the law hasn't exactly involved shoving drugs up my butt and smuggled them across the border however I do have a somewhat sketchy past.  For example,  one time I wore a dress to a wedding, left the tags on and then returned it the next day.  Lame in comparison to my next offense.  Yes, I've shoplifted before.  I believe I was in grade 5, I actually had the audacity to steal a tube of lipstick. {I know!  What a monster I was!  Plus, who wears lipstick in grade 5 let alone steals it?  Apparently me!} At the age of 20, I was put in the back of a police cruiser the night I graduated from college.  I was charged with public intoxication and disturbing the peace.  I received a $200 fine and was later released without spending any time in the slammer.  I've learned my lessons and at currently remain a law abiding citizen.

  3. I've  participated in a marathon, well kind of.   I sorta quit at mile 11.  Let me explain....My legs honestly seized up, my lungs burst into flames and I became so dehydrated I began to hallucinate.  The medics carried me away and treated me promptly.  I finished the day by shouting words of encouragement to other runners and handing out drinks.

  4. I had my first kiss when I was 11.  I don't remember the name of the boy but I do remember sitting on his lap while playing a game of "If you really really love me than please please smile" The idea of the game is to sit on a boy's lap and try with all your might to get him to smile.  Of course,  I was the promiscuous girl in the group and handed out the first peck on the lips. 

  5. My work experience during high school and college included-waitress, housekeeper, telemarketer(4 hours), security guard(stop laughing), beer runner for my younger brothers and his friends(made a good chunck of change at that job) and a cashier at IGA grocery store.

  6. I broke my left leg in grade 2 and soaked it for all it was worth.  I had my brothers carry my book bag to school for me, I did absolutley none of my chores and I ate lots and lots of ice cream to soothe the pain.   

  7. ***I love to exaggerate the truth***  "Enhancing the details" as I like to call it.  It's a necessary part of good story telling.  Therefore, take what I just wrote with a grain of salt.  It's mostly true with multiple minor embellishments.  {Honestly though, would you have read the entire post if I hadn't tweaked it; making it more interesting?} 
 Finally,  here are my picks for the 15 well deserving bloggers who meet the criteria of a Versatile Blogger


Click on the blog buttons to link to their sites.
    The Crafting Chicks   


Keeping It SimpleMake and Takes











Med giveawaysMartha Shmartha

5 comments:

Donda said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR GOOD FORTUNE!!!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I love your "checkered past"!!! I myself have gone on some crime sprees with consist of rolling through a number of stop signs then making a series of illegal u-turns. We're so bad!!!

Lots of yummy love,
Ma, What's for Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my blog award! That is 2in the same day! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the award! That always make my day!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

woo hoo!!! congrats!! You deserve em babe!