Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Junk Drawers

Me: Sweetie, have you seen the matches?  I need to light the barbeque 
My Husband:  Pretty sure they're in the Junk Drawer
Me: Which one?
My Husband:  The one closest to the fridge
Me:  Are you sure?  I don't see them
My Husband:  Check above the stove
Me:  Notta
My Husband:  Bathroom?
Me: Nope
My Husband:  Are you sure they're not in the Junk Drawer  I swear they were in there?
Me:  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person alive that has the most unique assortment of random items in my kitchen drawers. There really is no rhyme or reason to what goes into the bottomless pit that I like to refer to as my Junk Drawer
It's actually quite amuzing to see what ends up in the Junk Drawer after several months.
My curiosity is often sparked when I enter others' homes.  Often I wonder what I would find if I had the odacity to snoop in someone elses junk drawer.  Kind of like the temptation you get when you want to peek in someone's medicine cabinet.  I'm not sure what insight is gained by looking in someone else's Junk Drawer but the appeal of knowing others secrets definately fascinates me.
Today, I'm going to give you the opportunity to snoop through my kitchen drawers.  Have a good laugh because I did.
Let's see what could be hiding in my treasure chest Junk Drawers.










{click pic to enlarge}

What?  Doesn't everyone have a set of Rosary Beads in their kitchen drawer?  What about the copy of our homemade sex tape?  Bet you didn't expect that!  (I'm kidding, it's actually a Dora DVD)
What is the most unpredictable item currently in your Junk Drawer?  That is assuming you have a junk drawer like me!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I think this is hilarious! Unfortunately, I can't tell you what's in my junk drawers because I'm too anal! Everything has a place and if it's not in its place, it on the counter or in a bag until I have time to put it away properly. As you might guess, it drives Hubby crazy!!!!!

Crystal said...

Oh, Carrie! You'll cringe when I tell you I have a laundry shoot as well. Yep, in our upstairs bathroom there is a laundry shoot that empties into the laundry room downstairs. Holds at least 7 loads of laundry. I love it, that is until I have to do the laundry!

Joanna said...

Crystal - you're hillarious!
My Junk Drawer... from memory:

* 2 lollipops
* batter re-charger
* tacks
*the same batteries you have in your's
* calculator
* scrap paper and writing gadgets
* baskets to semi-organzie it all (Carrie will love this organized chaos drawer idea! Seriously, that is "IT"S PLACE!!"

AND WHAT IS A JUNK DRAWER WITHOUT A SHARPIE MARKER???

Luv Jo on the East Coast!

Kady L. said...

You are definitely not the ONLY one with a junk drawer! We too have a 'junk drawer', but we also have a junk cupboard AND a thing we call "the white box"!! Crazy! All 3 drive my hubby bonkers! Few things from our drawer... pez, stickers, gum, glue stick, fishing line, cheque book, missing playing cards, 3D glasses, hinges....

Thanks for the follow btw, I already follow you ;)

http://takeamomswordforit.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

I just cleaned mine about a month ago, so I didn't think it would be to bad. I guess the most interesting find when I looked were...A half a dollar bill and a Movado watch just thrown in on the bottom.
Following back and yes Love that we spell it "correctly" ;)Oh and I have two junk drawers and junk cabnit and closet lol.. Eh I have 4 kids what can I say

Irene said...

We most definitely have a junk drawer in our kitchen!! It is mostly filled with 'odds and ends kind of toys' that currently have no home or and have been woefully tossed aside by little hands. We also have another junk drawer in the kitchen where you can currently find anything from batteries to nail clippers (eww!)

Thanks for visiting and for the follow! You have a great blog and I will be following and visiting the "Royal" family often!!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

oh my looks like my junk drawers! :) so much variety :) love this post!

The Activity Mom said...

haha caught my attention. =)