Friday, April 1, 2011

Tea Biscuits With Apples And Cinnamon Spread
























There’s nothing more comforting then a warm slice of apple pie topped with whip cream.   Today’s recipe is inspired by this classic dessert!


Check out my secret ingredient!  Our family loves this cinnamon spread on toasted bagels.  Note, this spread has raisins in it.  I tried my best to manouver around them, as they didn’t really suit this particular recipe.   If you come across a similar spread without raisins, then please let me know.






















 
Start by slicing your tea biscuit.  Smooth a generous amount of the raisin spread onto the bottom section of your tea biscuit.  Next, add some of your warm apple pie preserve.  I used a can of pie filling.  Finally, add a dallop of with whipped cream and the top section of your biscuit.  I can’t put into words how simple and completely delicious this dessert is.  You’ll just have to try it and let me know what you think.




















 



See you back here tomorrow for my blog hop!





4 comments:

Lynda said...

OMG that looks decadent and fairly easy to prepare too! If you get a chance swing by 2 Against 1 and link up to TGIF blog hop (Friday). Happy Friday!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for following during TTT Blog Hop! I tried to follow back but it says your widget isn't configured. :( Let me know when it's fixed & I'll follow!

Nicole
http://www.onelittlemister.com/

petitehermine said...

This looks soo yummy! Your solar light jar project has been featured in my Sunday Linky this week! Thanks for sharing! :) And check it out here: http://petitehermine.blogspot.com/2011/04/sunday-linky-party-9-goodies.html

Anonymous said...

mmm - love tea biscuits!