Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chocolate No Bake Cookies With Just A Hint Of Mint

Chocolate No Bake Cookies with a Hint of Mint!  Chocolate No Bake Cookies are definitely one of my all time favorite cookies to make and EAT!  What I love is the rich, ooey, gooey texture of these cookies!
As much as I love the traditional recipe for this timeless cookie, I also love to experiment with it!
So how did I experiment with this cookie?  Well, by simply adding just a hint of mint extract, you can enjoy a subtle mint chocolate flavor with each and every bite! 























Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 3 cups of oats
  • 4 tbsp of cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp of mint extract
Directions:
1.  Place butter, milk, sugar, cocoa in sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Once the mixture comes to a boil continue to stir while boiling for 90 more seconds(**important-do not under or over cook the mixture at this point)
2.  Add the mint extract, stir to evenly distribute flavor.  Add the oats and stir well
3.  Spread into a parchmment lined baking pan
4.  Grab a big glass of milk, the latest copy of Simple magazine and enjoy!


I would typically try to blame this next picture on my 3 Jewels but not this time....this my friends was all me!!!  I couldn't help myself!









































A few did eventually make it to the display plate, I promise!

2 comments:

Jen B. said...

Wow. These look great. I love chocolate and mint. I LOVE how you cut them out with a cookie cutter! It avoids the lumps and clumps. And I love your display plate- so professional and your photos are great! I need some tips.

Gina Alfani said...

Hi Crystal!

I'm gonna have to make these, they look awesome :)

Thanks for following my blogs . . . I am following your blog as well!

Hope you have a wonderful week . . . Gina